Open on days:
10:00 — 13:00
* Escorted visit with prior registration
At the first signs of spring, roses, bush lilies and begonias explode into bloom, while the numerous jasmine vines impregnate the air with their pleasant aroma.
Among the architectural ensemble of the Palácio dos Condes de Pombeiro, which was acquired by the Italian government in 1925, lies the embassy’s garden. Situated at the rear of the building, the garden stretches for more than half a hectare, reaching an obelisk in tribute to all war victims.
The space is dotted with centenarian palm trees, cypresses, weeping willows and magnolias, while miscellaneous citrus trees recall Mediterranean flavours and fragrances. Next to the imposing set of bougainvillea that adorn the perimeter wall, rows of aloes, gigantic jacaranda trees and hibiscuses delimit the grassy meadow.